Composer, Monolog and Symfony2 with Jordi Boggiano
This week we are joined by Jordi Boggiano, Composer (Dependency Manager for PHP) lead and Symfony2 core developer. We begin discussion with how he got into software development, touching on his involvement with Symfony2 before its official release. This topic leads us on to chat about why Composer was developed and how much it has grown in popularity. Jordi then discusses some of the changes he would make if he had the chance, along with what the Toran Proxy is. Finally, we discuss Composer performance and the popular Monolog package that he has developed.
- Jordi Boggiano on Twitter
- Jordi Boggiano - GitHub
- Jordi Boggiano - Blog
- Seldaek/monolog - GitHub
- 20 Years and 9 Days of PHP
- Learn ES2015 - Babel
- Packagist - Wayback Machine
- toml-lang/toml - GitHub
- Disable GC when computing deps - Composer GitHub
- ircmaxell’s blog - What About Garbage?
- Toran Proxy
- The Rust Programming Language