Conference Experiences, RFC's and The PHP League with Phil Sturgeon
This episode we are fortunate enough to have Phil Sturgeon back on the show. Originally recorded on the 11th Feb and only now being released (blame Edd), the show starts of with a comparison between Phil and Fraser’s snowboarding injuries. We then move on to discuss standing desks, Sunshine PHP, American weather, and conference experiences. Following this DDD (Development Driven Development…) is touched upon, along with a look at the current stack Phil is using at work. Finally we chat about the ‘attack-of-the-clone’ packages Phil has noticed around the PHP community (ultra-tiny-small-restful frameworks etc.) and how far the ‘The League of Extraordinary Packages’ has grown.
- Phil Sturgeon
- Phil on Twitter
- Phil on GitHub
- Phil on Stack Overflow
- The League of Extraordinary Packages
- PHP Internals Book
- No Capes
- filp/whoops - GitHub
- Sunshine PHP Developer Conference
- PHP UK Conference 2015
- BooBoo - Because everybody makes mistakes.
- Flysystem - Multiple Filesystems, One API.
- Domain Driven Design Community
- Domain-driven Design - Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software
- Implementing Domain-Driven Design
- Martin Folwer - Domain Driven Design
- PHP RFC - Scalar Type Hints
- PHP RFC - Scalar Type Hints v5
- PHP RFC - UString
- PHP RFC - Reflection Parameter - Get Class Name