I Want You Back
Two weeks in the making, we are finally back with another podcast instalment. This week we touch upon the Unix philosophy, client drama, and shiny new MacBook Pros. We then move on to discuss the security concerns that have arisen from the introduction of contactless payment systems. Leading on from this we talk about the YubiKey and how it can be used to provide two-factor authentication, for services such as LastPass. Finally, we close with how ‘tombstoning’ your code trumps the dreaded commenting out everytime.
- A Flaw In Visa’s Contactless Card Lets Anyone Charge It $999,999
- Contactless cards fail to recognise foreign currency - Newcastle University
- Unix philosophy
- github/gitignore - GitHub
- iPhone, iPad, Mac Buyer’s Guide
- David Schnepper - Isn’t That Code Dead?
- Arch Linux
- Multi-factor authentication
- xkcd - Password Strength
- Greg Young - The art of destroying software on Vimeo
- The Grid