Instant Feedback on your Pizza Oven
On this weeks episode Edd and Mick start off discussion around productivity, quick feedback cycles with clients and building pizza ovens. We then move on to chat about how Edd ‘maybe’ accident prone, how MVCC works at a high-level and why you need to vacuum your tables in Postgres. Finally, we bring up Uncle Bob’s recent ‘Type Wars’ article and highlight the different variants of typing (static, dynamic, weak and strong).
- Clojure Applied
- Alex Miller and Ben Vandgrift - Cognicast Episode 86
- Why is it a vacuum not needed with MySQL compared to the PostgreSQL?
- Multiversion concurrency control
- PostgreSQL Interval Type
- Interval Datatype in MySQL
- Clean Coder Blog - Type Wars
- TDD vs Static Typing - Type Inference
- What To Know Before Debating Type Systems
- TDD Addict: Code coverage - meaningless number or the Holy Grail?