Build, Provision and Deploy in the Cloud with Thijs Feryn
In this weeks episode we are joined by Thijs Feryn to discuss his upcoming PHP UK conference talk. We start of the show highlighting what drew him to a Tech. evangelist role, bridging the gap between code/infrastructure and the ideas behind ‘Infrastructure as Code’. From here we move on to discuss system and infrastructure provisioning automation tools such Ansible and Terraform. This leads on to adding Packer into the mix, moving towards immutable infrastructure, testing these automation tools and how history has a way of repeating itself. Finally, we touch upon the philosophy behind DevOps, focusing on empathy and its core values CAMS.
- Thijs Feryn - Technical evangelist, speaker, author, blogger, vlogger
- Build, provision & deploy in the Cloud with Packer, Ansible & Terraform - PHPUK 2018 - Thijs Feryn
- Ansible is Simple IT Automation
- Terraform by HashiCorp
- Packer by HashiCorp
- Terraform Module Registry
- Snowflake Server
- Phoenix Server
- The Phoenix Project - A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
- Gene Kim
- What is DevOps?
- CAMS - DevOps Dictionary