The Delectable Episode
In this weeks show we start off the podcast with discussion on SQL performance, different types of join and effective indexing based on the query planner. We then move on to Mick’s success with using Let’s Encrypt on his personal site, along with some interesting talking points he picked up in a recent book he has been reading. Returning ‘$this’ from a method call is then discussed - were we debate about being strict on the API’s you design. Finally, Fraser chats about another successful feature being developed in a TDD manner, fun with eyeBeacons and disadvantages to DocBlocks/Comments as Code.
- Space Beer Cave on the App Store
- Let’s Encrypt - Free SSL/TLS Certificates
- SQL Joins Explained
- PHP Master: Write Cutting Edge Code
- Questioning PHPUnit Best Practices
- apiDoc - Inline Documentation for RESTful web APIs